Development & Communications Associate St. Louis Public Schools Foundation
The St. Louis Public Schools Foundation is seeking a full-time Development & Communications Associate who is passionate about education equity. If you have experience implementing effective development and communication strategies and thrive on behind the scenes work in a fast paced environment, join our team. The Development & Communications Associate will refine and streamline communication to donors and prospects and manage a complex and growing donor database. Additionally, this person will play a lead role in planning and executing event logistics, paying keen attention to detail and operating with a strong customer service mentality. Our ideal candidate has experience in Blackbaud donor software, is organized, strategic, and wants to make a difference in St. Louis City.
ABOUT THE ST. LOUIS PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
The St. Louis Public Schools (SLPS) Foundation exists to ensure that ALL children, no matter the circumstances, have access to a quality education. Established as an independent nonprofit in 1998, the SLPS Foundation serves as a connector between community donors and the Saint Louis Public Schools. Since its inception, the Foundation has raised and distributed more than $35 million, and been an important catalyst for school improvement and innovation. Currently, the SLPS Foundation raises and distributes approximately $3 million annually to support four key priorities in the Saint Louis Public Schools: early childhood education, college and career readiness, school leadership development and student wellbeing. For more about the St. Louis Public Schools Foundation, see www.slpsfoundation.org.
REPORTS TO Development Director, St. Louis Public Schools Foundation
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Tell the story of the St. Louis Public School Foundation (40%)
- Coordinate SLPS Foundation’s marketing and communications activities, including: printed and online collateral; social media strategy and content; newsletters and media promotion
- Work in collaboration with the school district, schools, and Foundation’s partners to collect and disseminate success stories and needs to constituents
- Develop and implement an annual communications calendar designed to inform and engage constituents including newsletters, print collateral, social media, and the website.
- Draft and produce compelling development specific materials and packets for donor interactions
- Assist with online fundraising initiatives
- Analyze effectiveness of online giving campaigns and marketing initiatives
Build and manage systems to support development team operations (40%)
- Organize and consistently update a variety of donor database management systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Management of Direct Mail Implementation including list segmenting, coordinating with mail house, and ensuring smooth production.
- Manage donor and prospect contact information lists
- Oversee donor management system (eTapestry) database to generate reports and queries for donor pipeline management
- Ensure all donors feel appreciated and consistently receive acknowledgment of gifts for their records.
Support Grant Writing and Foundation work (10%)
- Secure priority updates from key stakeholders for grant reporting
- Work with grants consultant to manage grants calendar, deadlines, and reporting
- Coordinate grant proposal templates and submission protocol with the Development Director
Ensure smooth events for donor engagement (10%)
- Support the planning and logistics for Foundation’s donor-specific events
- Assist with donor stewardship events and donor prospect research
- Demonstrates a commitment to and belief in the mission of SLPS Foundation
- Thrives in a small organization where a myriad of skills are utilized
- Minimum of two years of development and communications experience in a professional setting preferred; minimum Associate’s Degree; non profit experience preferred
- Posesses exceptional organizational abilities and a disciplined attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and simultaneously manage a variety of projects
- Operates with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism
- Demonstrates sound judgment and discretion
- Possesses strong writing skills and a customer service mindset
Competitive salary & benefits: includes a portion of paid employee health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401(k) match and life insurance. Strong PTO policy.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, salary requirements, 3 references and an electronic resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Development & Communications Associate. St. Louis Public Schools Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, gender identity or sexual orientation. In addition to federal law requirements, SLPS Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training .